You have already discovered the numerous nature and water activities to enjoy near Le Vallon Rouge in our ‘Activities and leisure’ section.
Here at our campsite, you are at the heart of the golden triangle of the Côte d’Azur, famous for its not-to-be-missed tourist attractions. The Cote d’Azur is a coveted holiday destination, not only in Europe but worldwide. Its exceptional climate, varied landscapes and wonderful flora and fauna make this coast one of the best places you could choose for a summer holiday. While staying at our Provence Alpes Côte d’Azur campsite, take advantage of its great location to explore this glamorous part of France. Nice, Monaco, Antibes and Cannes are essential places to visit during your stay with us!
What to see and do on the Côte d’Azur
During your holiday at our Alpes-Maritimes campsite, several towns should definitely feature on your list of places to visit: We should mention, for example:
- Antibes and its Port Vauban
- Juan-les-Pins, the nearby seaside resort where a legendary jazz festival is held every year
- Nice with its well-known Promenade des Anglais, the old town and the Colline du Château
- Cannes, where stars of the Film Festival sashay down the Croisette in May
- Menton, a sweet little village not far from the Italian border
- Monaco and its splendours
- Cagnes-sur-Mer and its 4 kilometre of beaches
- Grasse, a town of irresistibly Provençal charm
- Saint-Paul-de-Vence and its monuments and historic sites
The beautiful landscapes of the Côte d’Azur
There are plenty of pleasures in store for nature-lovers too, as this campsite in La Colle sur Loup is surrounded by some wonderful sites of natural beauty. Here are some of the most famous ones:
- The Verdon Gorge, a breathtaking river canyon in Provence
- Mercantour National Park with its vertiginous summits
- The inland countryside above Nice
- The lovely little inlets all along the Cote d’Azur
The French Riviera has the winning advantage of mountains on one side and the Mediterranean Sea on the other. This exceptional setting, combined with a dry, sunny climate, gives rise to some amazing views and lots of scope for lovely outings up and down the coast.
The rich culture of Provence Alpes Côte d’Azur
Culture vultures at our campsite near Cagnes-sur-Mer can enjoy several museums in the vicinity.We should mention, for example:
- Musée Matisse (www.musee-matisse-nice.org)
- Musée des Arts Asiatiques (www.arts-asiatiques.com)
- Musée des Merveilles (www.museedesmerveilles.com)
- Musée d’Art Moderne et Contemporain (www.mamac-nice.org)
Last but not least, make sure you take time to enjoy a meal in one of the many friendly little restaurants – sample the pleasures of the typically Mediterranean cuisine of Nice, bursting with the flavours of the sunny South, such as tomato, garlic and olive oil.
Ideas for days out on the Côte d’Azur: events
During the summer, the Côte d’Azur hosts many festivals and events of all kinds: from sports to music, a rich and varied programme awaits you!
- F1 Grand Prix
- Tennis Masters
- International Athletics Meeting
- International Film Festival
- Fireworks Festival
- Expo Rose
- Christian Dior Exhibition
Juan Les Pins:
- Festival Jazz à Juan
- Régates Les Voiles d’Antibes